Monday, December 27, 2010

my own little wrapping

So after being on the mend from this two step surgery. With one anniversary behind me and approaching the anniversary of surgery step number 2 I have come to the conclusion that the wrapping left behind was not so pretty.

It's not pretty or neat. It's not colorful. I can not even see it. But it is there. Some days wrapped pretty darn tight.


What wrapping am I talking about....well that would be scar tissue.

I think I have the most at the the ostomy site. While the scar from the outside still shows and well doesn't flatter my tummy...it could be worse. So I'll take it. Most days I don't even notice it. But when that naughty wrapping on the inside tightens up....oh what a pain.

Does anyone else have this issue? I am pretty sure that it was partly to blame for my blockage back in November with my hospital stay.

Tell me about your wrapping. I'd love to swap stories.

Still healing,
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment