Tuesday, January 12, 2010

End in site!!!!

I am SO excited & keeping my fingers crossed that I don't hit another speed bump on this journey.
Praying that God allows all the healing and positive thumbs up to continue.

Yesterday I went to see Dr. H.
It was another lovely day in January, a little warmer than it has been...I think it was 45 as the high.
Dilation was well painful. We had me take a Valium but ugh it didn't kick in until afterwards. Oh well as I titled this....The "end is in site!" and well ugh, I am not talking about my butt. Directly that is.

Today I am 8 weeks post surgery!!!!!

Yesterday we PICKED a surgery date for the TAKE DOWN or step two in my two part surgery or reconnecting the plumbing. You take your pick in how you want to vision it but it's true at this very moment we have a date!!!! I think it has been over two years now since I have been EXCITED about a date on a calender. The last time....Travis' scheduled birth. Dec. 6th 2007!!!
Today I look forward to Feb. 9th 2010!!!!

I have another dilation set for next Monday right before week 9 and I pray that all will continue to look as "wonderful" as Dr. H has described it to be. Than a week and two days later I go down to the medical center to "test for leaks." Apparently I will have a catheter inserted into my stoma and they will test to see if the jpouch (second part of the plumbing) has any leaks. Praying specifically for NO LEAKS.

LEAK = BAD!!!

Than after that test it is a 12 day wait for surgery day to arrive. I figure right now, at this very moment, I can now mentally last 4 more weeks. However, at the point of it being only 12 days left it might be a test of my anxiety levels as I anxiously await that surgery day!

Glory be to God that He has seen me through this far and continues to carry me, walk with me and show me grace!!

So there is an "end in site" at least for step one of two. So looking forward to the new beginning and a VERY happy and lasting relationship with my jpouch after the connection.

4 comments:

  1. So happy that there is an end in sight. As always... praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well. I had my take down back on Oct. 22, and am doing great now. The take down surgery is so much easier than the colon removal (as you would expect!!). So hang in there, things will get better. Of course, I had a lot of diarrhea for a while after take down, but it actually improved quite quickly.


    Glad you are doing well,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's so exciting to hear that your takedown is coming up and you can start counting down the days. I think mine will be the last week of February but my next doc visit isn't until February 17th so I'll find out for sure then. I'm crossing my fingers that all tests go well and there won't be any problems so your takedown won't be delayed. You're so close! I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete