Thursday, February 18, 2010

What on earth...

What on earth am I doing up at 1:51am!!!!

Well.....

I got up to "go" potty for like the third time since 1opm and my husband is snoring and my tummy is gurgling and well I don't know which is louder. Except I don't think it's really my tummy as it is gas. Locked gas that hurts.

The kind of locked gas that makes you freeze one moment in pain but then sprint to the bathroom because if you release it you are not sure at this point if it is locked gas or well....poop. Yes, yes, refer to the right hand side of this blog. There is a lot of poop or butt references here. Deal with it.

I am also up because of butt burn. Which might not be so bad once the pain pill kicks in. No I didn't take it for the burn but actually for the pain and well in hopes that maybe it would knock me out and I would sleep despite the snoring plus gain comfort from the pain.

I will talk more about butt burn and the cause in another post but just know....it's not pretty. Worse than a sun burn....a really bad sun burn. I promise you that.

So that's what I am doing up. If you are up at crazy hour reading this than you must post a comment answering this question....what on earth????

5 comments:

  1. ML: I used A&D ointment to help with the BB. (Now I know why babies cry.) They also make a lotion with calmoseptime, which people swear by. I had a negative reaction to that which made the rash even worse! Use "good" toilet paper and go easy. Also, use baby wipes (without alcohol) when you can to help with the liquid/bile left behind: If you don't get it clean, it'll burn like heck and make it even worse. I put the cream on after EVERY movement, as it added a little barrier for the next trip. (It does feel a little weird and can leave some residue behind, but hey, it beats the heck outta pain!)

    Keep an eye on what you eat, as that can generate a ton of gas, and until you get the hang of releasing the pressure, it can be really painful or frequent trips. It does get better as time goes on!

    -J;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope this all passes for you quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep your head up! You're almost at the end of all of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLahh. Butt burn. This is going to be in my imminent future in the next couple of weeks, and I am NOT looking forward to it. But it does go away eventually, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, ML, You are scaring me :( I just want all of this (like you do) to be behind me......but i really don't want to face the rest of this to get there :( Thanks for your honest updates, Keep them coming!!!
    ~In my thoughts and prayers!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete