Tuesday, February 2, 2010

11th week

It is hard to believe that 11 weeks ago I was spending my first night in the hospital after over 7 hours of surgery. 11 weeks has gone by really, really, really fast. 11 weeks ago I would have told you that 11 weeks would go by really, really, really slow. Interesting.

So with 11 weeks down what do I have to look forward too? One week. One week is what. I will be counting down the days. Maybe I should put up one of those fun tickers.
9 weeks ago I was counting down to the 12 week mark. That seems so long ago. Interesting.

12 weeks ago these were my thoughts. Interesting.

What is the most interesting is this. Peace. The peace that I have felt overcome my heart during this journey. How is has paved these weeks. How peace has entered my home in many ways. Their is a calm that wasn't there prior. Maybe because I was so on edge. Hating. Angry. Resentful. This peace has worked its way in. It did not just show up now at this 11th week. I believe it has been working its way in since June. That was weeks and weeks ago. Peace. It's been busy working it's way in for a really, really, really long time on my heart, mind and soul. It has been working hard to find it's way into my home. I hope it stays because in one week, this 12th week mark I have been hoping to arrive to will be not be with out it's own worry. There will be a surgery although not as dramatic as the one before but no surgery is with out some worry. There will be anticipation. There will be fears. There will be little ones left at home wondering where mommy (and daddy) are. There will be a mom (Nana) left at home caring for grand kids while worrying for her own baby. There will be a husband that is sitting, pacing, updating, waiting. There will be me....praying for a safe attachment to the new plumbing, praying for steady hands of a surgeon and staff, praying that the new plumbing works, praying for my family. There will be me in surgery in one week. So I do hope, I hope this peace stays.

I finally got to this place. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment