Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ONE WEEK.

I have one week. One week until I am sliced open and parts are removed from my body. One week until an appliance makes my body it's home for 12 weeks. One week until my life changes so drastically. One week to pick my kids up, roll around on the floor with them and have them climb all over me. One week to be really "real" in an intimate way with my husband and not feel like less of a person. One week to run around and do what I want. LESS than one week to eat anything and everything that I want. One week to look at myself in the mirror or undress w/o feeling as if I am subhuman. One week to get odds and ends in order. One week to be completely overwhelmed with all that I have on my plate in the non surgery side of my life......I wouldn't have it any other way. One week. One week. One. Week.

Earlier I was told to not count down the days but rather make them count. I think that might be the best advice I have received so far today. So let's see just how I can make them count.
First off I need to continue to give it all to God as when I do I feel so much better. After all I am not in control and try to remind myself daily of this. I need to play. Play with my husband, kids, mom when she gets here on Sunday and with my friends in the mean time. I need to appreciate all that I have. I have been blessed and I should be SO thankful.

So as I try to make the most of my ONE WEEK. To really make it count. I ask you....how are you making this week count? This ONE WEEK.

3 comments:

  1. what a GREAT reminder. none of us are guaranteed even a day, but we surely don't live like it. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're doing well! You've also reminded me to stop taking my life moments for granted! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my prayers! Thinking of you this week!

    ReplyDelete