Sunday, November 15, 2009

48 hours

The clock is ticking away. My mom arrives today. Yahoo. But it's not as exciting as it would be if she was just coming for a regular ole visit.
Am I nervous....kinda. I feel confident in my Doctor and that the Lord will see me through.
What I think I am most nervous at this point right now about is leaving my babies on Tuesday morning for three days possibly more if I have to stay longer. Travis is sick, Campbell could get it (cold). They both have never really been away from Mommy. Yes, there was the time Travis was born but she was little not even 17 months, so she doesn't recall any of it. Now she is three, Travis is almost two. I feel my presence will be missed. I am nervous for them. NOT because they wont be alright with Nana because they will be more than fine. Just nervous for them not understanding where Mommy is and Daddy being gone too. That they wont understand that Mommy wont be herself for some time after returning home. They are too little to understand. They are too little to ask God to be with them during this time because they don't know what this time consists of. So I am nervous. I am nervous for my little children.

So if I could please ask you to keep them in your prayers. This mommy would be so grateful!

3 comments:

  1. They will definitely miss you... but they'll be in very good hands. You just concentrate on YOU and getting better SOON! I'll tell you - I had a c-section with Lauren and I felt super guilty being away from the other girls for very long. So rather than stay in the hospital the extra couple of nights, I rushed to get home. And was MISERABLE. I was in so much pain that I couldn't do anything for anybody anyway, and it was WAY harder to actually be there and not be able to do anything as opposed to being in the hospital. So my only tip would be to TAKE YOUR TIME in the hospital, stay as long as the doctor wants you to, and use that time to really start to heal, rather than rushing it and just being MORE miserable at home. Definitely praying for you! Update when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be in my prayers continually this week, that's for sure. God is with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, they will miss you, but they are in very good hands. Take care of yourself, and take your time. Healing is a process, you will need lots of rest :). Praying for you, dear friend. I am looking sooo forward to the AFTER surgery post :)!

    ReplyDelete