Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday Update

Hi blogging friends. ML is still in the hospital 9 days later. In the past few days they have been trying to diagnose the reason for her fever and all the pain. They have narrowed it down to an abscess her abdomen and a bladder infection. She has been on a antibiotic drip for 2 days but nothing has really changed. They will do another xray today to see what is happening. The nurses have been not as attentive so that has been a huge source of frustration for her. Also, her ileostomy bag has modernized and no one really knows how to attach it correctly. She thinks that she has a handle on it now, but the nurses for sure need training. God is in control in the midst of all of this and she will pull through. The journey is just a little harder than she expected, but she is learning a great deal about patience which I am sure she will you in on later. Please pray that she can make it through the thanksgiving holiday joy and hope that she is on the road to healing.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for ML daily, and I'll be thinking about her tomorrow. God be with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head up ML.....praying for you.
    My husband wants to know the brand and if it's a one piece or two piece? Maybe you don't want to share.....but this IS his work. He would love to help you out. my cell....281-734-4829.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MainLine (ML), you tell those nurses to pay attention or I swear I'll come over there and play obnoxious music on a guitar. Really loudly. In their break room.
    Prior to surgery, were there any other symptoms of fever and bladder issues?
    What diet restrictions are you on right now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ML, I am with you on those nurses! They do need some training! Know you are in my prayers! I would love to email you. I'll let you email me first. My email adress is jlrtinkerbell@hotmail.com. We will probably be able to talk more freely there. Take Care!!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete