Tuesday, December 1, 2009

home

I am home. I am grateful to be home after 10 days in the hospital. There is so much to say but I just don't have it in me right now. I am battling sleep deprivation, pain, discomfort in daily life's challenges and just plain feeling sick today. I am hoping that I am not getting a fever, I feel feverish. Warm, normal, warm than cold. But no temperature yet. I did have my first visit with the home health nurse today and I must say it went better than expected but that is a whole other post.

So for now, I am home. I am grateful to be home.

but the BIGGEST reason for my log on tonight and post is this.

Thank you! Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes from so many people.
I cant tell you how much it meant to me to know that others were lifting me up.
I continue to ask for your prayers, maybe I shouldn't but I need them for 100% healing of the internal pouch (J pouch) for comfort with my ileostomy and for just 100% healing at home. My children have been touched by mommy's absence and we are working on behavior and know it will take time especially because mommy is home but not 100% able to be involved. It is confusing for them and hard all around.

Again, I thank you!

6 comments:

  1. You're continuing to be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home!! Praying for you and the kiddos today. Looking forward to more updates...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you're home, and I'll pray for you and your family 'til the cows come home:)

    Wishing for a speedy recovery for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are home! Continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    This is Tom Dickens - I wrote you earlier because I had the same surgery back in July. I had my ileostomy taken down in October, and I just want to tell you that the second surgery is SO much easier and less painful.

    It sounds like you've had a rough time; believe me, I know it was and is difficult. You'll start to feel better soon. Just don't try to do too much when you start to feel better - I did and then I would be wiped out for the next couple of days!

    Good luck, and I'll be praying for you. I'm so glad the J-pouch worked for you. Now that I'm without the ileostomy, I feel much better. Remember, the second surgery is much easier, so you're through the hardest part.

    Best wishes,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete