Monday, December 14, 2009

PRAISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have great news. The doctor, the oncologist, that I saw today explained to me today that I probably no longer have cancer!!!! I really liked the doctor. Let's call her Dr. B.

Doctor B did confirm that I did in fact have Stage 1 cancer but that the 1.5 cm tumor was gone because of the removal. She feels certain that my cuff is not affected due to where the tumor was located. She also told me that my cancer was deemed "aggressive" but since it was gone I shouldn't worry.

Doctor B continued to tell me that she didn't see any reason why my second surgery shouldn't stay on course. So as of tomorrow, Tuesday, I will be 8 weeks out from the take down!!!

I did have blood work done and a PET scan will be ordered. This will give us more information. Doctor B mentioned that based on my CAT scan at the hospital she felt the above mentioned tests would prove no cancer. You see the CAT scan didn't indicate any issues and it, the cancer would have been noticed.

This is all very exciting and such a blessing!!!! I am going to go for a second opinion. Doctor B encouraged me too. But she did mention that the pathology findings were very clear and that I would probably hear the same thing but that it was the responsible thing to do...get a second opinion that is. My friend, Susan concurs. Susan drove me to the appointment and sat in on the talk with Doctor B.

I have to say to Susan....Thank you. Thank you for arranging your day so you could go with me. I am glad I accepted your offer even though it was good news. Susan was my nurse during my original colonoscopy. So she knows the scope of emotions I have been dealing with and the medical facts. Thanks again Susan.

So I close with this. Thank you for your prayers and please keep them coming. I am not out of the woods yet. I feel much relief and know God was present today. I know he is going to heal me and see me through. Even in my darkest hours, he is there. I may reject the notion that He is because of my own sinful fears but yet He stands firmly next to me, embracing me always.


My cuff is cancer free is my new motto. I will say it, pray for it and believe it!!! I will not be told otherwise. God will heal me!
Praises, praises and praises!!!!

ML

4 comments:

  1. ML: That's great news. I'm glad you had a good day after the weekend: I know you were a little frustrated with the ostomy supplies. You'll get the hang of it and before you know it, it's as easy as changing a diaper: As a SAHM and 2 kids, I'm sure you can do that in your sleep! And you'll be able to do this as well.
    On the more humorous side, my son always says
    "It's okay, dad" when I have had an accident or a leak. Considering he's just finishing up the potty training phase, he's heard me say that to him more than once :^)

    - J;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoooo! That's wonderful news. You're always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderfully, fabulous news!!! I'm so relieved for you and glad things are still on track, as planned!!!

    Still praying:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is AMAZING! Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete