Tuesday, December 22, 2009

There is some news....

But you'll have to come back later to learn what it is!!!!
I'll be posting after bed time.
ML


UPDATED.

Hello, I am back. Babies in bed. Some shopping is done and my bottom is recovering from the torture it received yesterday. Man on man! I know the dilation is a part of the recovery process. It is so important for the doctor to make sure I am healing well internally but let me tell you. To say it is a pain in the ass is an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let's see what I learned yesterday. My internal j pouch is healing "beautifully." In fact it is healing like a champ. It is ahead of schedule!!! What does that mean? Well, Dr. H said
if it is healing like it is now or better come the fourth of January we will set a "take down" surgery date. It is also a huge possibility that we may get to do it by the end of January. A whole two weeks early. OK. So two weeks may not be seen as "early" but to me that is a huge PLUS!!!!

I have to go back for the wonderful dilation process and pouch check next week where Dr. H will not be present due to vacation but he joked that I will be dealing with a more "sensitive" doctor on Monday. Dr. M apparently has the "soft touch." Ha, Ha! I guess I'll have to let you know if that is true.

So next good news is this. Blood work came in today from the oncologist and it was 100% normal and no reason to have caution. My PET scan is set for Monday morning. So at 730am I will be prepped for being placed in a tube and then at 330 I will be bracing myself for a tube being placed in my....well I am sure you know where.

I am praying that my PET scan shows no concerns not only in my cuff but also else where in my body. Wouldn't it be amazing to say I got an A+ at my PET scan? I mean to pass with no cancer findings any where in your body, wow that will be huge. I pray that happens.

Next best news is this. I changed my appliance ALL BY MYSELF on Monday. No nurse was present in my house. I was so scared. But I did it. I did it bright and early, took a shower w/o it on and let me tell you that what a freedom that was. Let my skin dry and placed the appliance on step by step and it worked. No leaks! AMAZING. My nurse comes on Thursday so we will see if I in fact did it right.

SO all is good here. My mind is easing and I am praying that God continues to see me through.

Keep praying and sending well wishes because I know they are working.

Thank you, Thank you and Goodnight!
ML


8 comments:

  1. Here's to hoping it's good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praises ML for such great news and great improvements!! Prayers that they keep coming :)

    Merry Christmas girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all wonderful news and great XMas gifts! Glad to see you're getting the hang of the pouch as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!!! So glad to hear all the good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ML-Congrats on changing your appliance! The first time is always the worst. I thought I had forgot something the first time but that was just anxiety and no problems or leaks! I'm also glad to hear that things are going well and you've been getting such great news. I hope this continues and that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! Cheers, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news ML! Just think of the progress you've made since your surgery. Blessings to you and your family, and have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is WONDERFUL!!! Proof positive that the power of prayer is real and that God is simply amazing. What a blessing, especially before Christmas!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete