Monday, June 15, 2009

better

So we went to meet Dr. A today. I must say that I was a bit apprehensive when we got there. The office was small. So small that the waiting room was overflowing....well OK not out the door but only one chair was available. We chose to stand. Then two people came on on stretchers. I wanted to leave but we stayed. Later as I filled out paper work the office girl told me that he is a very popular doctor and this office was the smallest of the two. The old folks on stretchers via ambulance were from nursing homes. So I guess he is a little popular. Popular is fine and dandy but I want GREAT!

As I continued to fill out my paperwork the office girl....Hope is her name said to me, "oh, you're Ms. Guy" Apparently Dr. A earlier today had specifically asked if I had an appointment booked. Apparently him and Dr. H (my GI) had spoken again over the weekend and he wanted to make sure I was on the books. That made me feel kinda like a VIP.

So we get into a room and we talk a bit to Dr. A. So far so good. Good bedside manner. He was listening and I felt comfortable. Then the exam. Let's just say I have outstanding sphincter muscles.
Soon we were led into his office where we discussed surgery and what I was in for. I was feeling uneasy when I arrived but by now I was relaxed and warming up to Dr. A.
He encouraged me to talk to more doctors and told me he would even supply me with a patients name if I would like to actually talk to some one who has under gone the surgery that I face. Instant bonus points for Dr. A.
Did I mention that he has good bedside manner?

So what do I know after today's visit.

Surgery is going to happen.
When.....he suggests not going past three months out due to the high grade dysplasia.
With whom?....that is still the lingering question.
I will contact two more doctors probably ones in town....in the loop/med center.
How am I feeling? better, just a bit better about what is most certainly my course of action for my health.

stay tuned and stay well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've got a journey ahead. I'll be praying for you. I hope that this will all be a relief for you and that you will experience peace and remain hopeful and strong throughout it all.

    Take care,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete