Monday, August 3, 2009

God can you hear me?

I am here. I am speaking to you my fears, my concerns. You already know them. But are you listening to my heart, my mind, my voice? Can you hear me?

Right now I will say it out loud just so this earthly creature of yours can be sure that she used her mouth, heart, mind, lungs and vocal cords (hmmm is there more that goes into speaking?)

Lord, I know that I have to have this surgery. Please grant the doctors and nurses amazing talent and knowledge as we get ready to move forward and while they are working on me. But most importantly dear Lord when you stitched me together in my mother's womb, can you remember if you blessed me with a long small intestine? Because I am going to need it. I will trust and pray that you did because w/o the long small intestine the j pouch portion of my surgery will not take place. Dear Lord, I desire the j pouch portion of the surgery. I desire that the J pouch is a success in my body. I have been taught to tell you of my desires, that you will provide. Please find favor on me. Bless me dear Lord with a long small intestine so that the end result will be healthy fully functional j pouch patient. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Oh friend, I am so sorry you are going through all this. God knows exactly what you need. Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand, medically speaking, what you need... but fortunately, the Lord does. I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying God delivers in the ways you need/want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Thanks for writing me back - I just now noticed that you had, because I hardly ever look at my blog!

    Well, I'm very sorry to hear that you have to have surgery. I had my surgery on July 2. I was in the hospital for 5 nights afterward. They were able to create a J-pouch for me, and I'm a fairly large person, so I felt very fortunate (lots of prayers were made on my behalf!) and I have faith that it will be able to be done for you as well. I'll be praying for you.

    For about the first ten days after coming home, I didn't have too much energy. Then, my appetite came roaring back and I started to feel much better. A nurse comes twice a week to help me try different ileostomy supplies, so we can find the best match. She is great and has been very helpful. I've been able to eat about anything I want, including pepperoni pizza!!

    It sounds like you have a great family, they will take good care of you, and God will watch over you as he did me. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but I know you can do it, and will come through fine. Just be sure to rest a lot after surgery, you will need it, and it will help you get better quicker.

    Best wishes, I'll be praying, and keeping up with your blog to see when you feel like writing it again!!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete