Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

So today is my big day! My last year of thirtysomething!
What did I get for my birthday......a surgery postponement!!!!
While secretly I am relieved I am also not happy about the reason.
Last night our a/c decided to throw us a curve ball and part of the ceiling in Campbell's room came crashing down. Their is area that is threatening to collapse in the playroom downstairs as well.

So while we were up late last night dealing with wet drywall, carpets and an a/c that I pictured crashing all the way down from the attic. We decided that the surgery would be pushed back as there was NO way I was leaving my home in shambles, my children disrupted more than they already would have been, my mom left to deal with contractors and the like while my husband was out of town the following week from my surgery. It was just to much to bear.

So now, now we are re booked with doctor and hospital for November 17th.

I will post pictures of this hole in a while but for now I guess we wait and fix the issue at hand.
I do want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts, please keep them coming.

5 comments:

  1. Well, Happy Birthday! Sounds like quite a birthday treat you got with that mess. As for the surgery, wow...glad you were able to postpone because yes, that sounds like an awful lot to handle. Call you in a while...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday...

    I'm glad it worked out to postpone, but I know it's bittersweet... I'm sure you were getting ready to just get it over with. Hope everything gets cleaned up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a mess!!! We went through he!! when we had a rough leak that caused us to completely gut our guest bathroom entirely, floors, walls, ceilings, part of the roof:( Hope your repair isn't too extensive or takes very long!!!

    On another note -- Happy Birthday! At least you can now eat and drink whatever you desire today/tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new surgery day is my birthday... Glad you were able to postpone, but I am sorry that you have such a disaster to deal with! I am just so thankful that no one was injured!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the mess at your house! Glad that you were able to postpone the surgery and not have to worry about recovering and trying to deal with repair work at your house!

    ReplyDelete