Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wednesday will be a busy day.

So this coming Wednesday I will drive into the medical center to spend most of the day being poked and attempting to learn a little something too.

I will go in for my pre operation work up. Blood tests, physical and EKG. The nurse who booked my appointment said depending on the physical I could do some other tests too. So it is a "get there and see" type of scenario I suppose. After that is all said and done I will be heading over to the one hour surgery class. Apparently I will learn all about what will happen that day in general terms and talk to a nurse about the ileostomy. I am really hoping that they will have the bags that I have been told to use or request. Apparently they are Velcro closure or attachment and work really well.
Everyone is different and I have read some great "bag" experiences and some pretty terrible ones. I will be hoping for the best and praying that the 12 weeks with the bag go smoothly and quickly. From what I understand the biggest concern I should have is that I don't have skin break down at the stoma site. That it can be quite terrible if that area should be come infected.

My mom also arrives this day so since I will not be available and Lance will be out of town for business I will be making arrangements for her to be picked up at the airport. My very generous neighbor Michelle will be once again tending to my children along side her two. Which if you could see them together it appears as if there are two sets of twins 17 months apart. Bless the woman that ever happened too. When my mom gets to my house she will stroll over to Michelle's and visit and pick up the babies. They sure will be delighted to see her.

I am so excited to see my mom and have some fun mommy and me time prior to her baby being operated on.

So Wednesday should prove to be a busy one and I just hope it all goes well and smooth for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what to say, but hope Wed brings you peace about the upcoming surgery. Still praying for you and thinking of you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete