Thursday, October 8, 2009

$$$$$$$$$$$

Called in to see what my portion of the surgery will be with just the doctor this morning.
I knew it would be more than the 370.00 I was to pay if my surgery had stayed scheduled back in September. Our new insurance calendar year started October 1st and originally we had hoped to avoid this but with what happened unexpectedly to the house I felt that too much chaos would be to hard so I pushed the surgery back. I pushed it back and back it went to the start of all the new deductibles, etc that come when the insurance year starts. The good thing is the follow up surgery will be at 100% come late January.

I know I shouldn't be all doom and gloom about a now $546 due to the doctor. I mean I could not have insurance. I could have insurance that doesn't cover as much as this does. But man....I could buy me the stroller I have been dreaming of with that money.

My husband reminds me that I'd have a nice stroller but might not get to enjoy pushing it if I don't have the surgery. So BOB Revolution....you will have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. Hey ML. Hope things are going ok for you. I lost your link then forgot that you are linked on J-Pouch. See my latest post on there (Today), it looks like I won't be getting the surgery anytime soon now. Docs are happy for me to hold off and actually recommended it.

    So when is your first one taking place? I know all will go good for you! Hope to catch up with you soon. I do apologize for being slack in keeping in touch.

    Harry

    ReplyDelete