Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Just when you need it most.


Yesterday was a terrible day. Today was better. For the last few days I have had the antsy pants. Very emotional pants. I have been stressed to the max. I have felt my heart race in my chest so hard I thought I might be finishing a marathon. Something I have never done mind you. Though, I can imagine that might be a hefty beating heart at the end. I have felt my blood rushing though my veins, trying desperately to get through them. Made me wonder if they were clogged.

I did have some wonderful help from some MOPS moms last night through calls, prayers and emails. I thank you. I was able to feel a little better just talking with my mom about the run of the mill stuff....I didn't have the heart to tell her I was troubled. She is miles away and I didn't want her to worry. Sorry mom.

Today. Today though was a brand new day. We all slept in like almost 8am. We had morning baths and drove to the zoo. Rode the train, rode the carousel, saw the biggest elephant, giggled at the meerkats, awed at the giraffes, shared pizza and got a little wet from a bit of rain. We came home had awesome naps, all of us napped. Then we had early dinner, breakfast for dinner...yummy! Headed off to dance, back for a fruit snack and off to bed. Oh today was so much better. You wouldn't have even thought that days before I was thinking I was having a heart attack! So glad today was a happy and a non anxious day!

What made today extra special and gave me something to fixate on now that the kids are in bed are the two sweet things that were sent my way. Funny that I am pretty sure each of these women didnt realize when creating and writing would they mean so much at just this very moment. Two items filled with grace. My mailbox about sung praises when I opened it and found a card, the kind of card that you can feel the hug as you read the words. Thank you Dallas for taking the time to write those words in that card. Than I received an adorable scripture flip book from my neighbor Michelle. I love it and it's perfect!

So those two items along with the wonderful day with my babies really did this mama some good just when I needed it most!

1 comment: