Saturday, October 17, 2009

New 30 day countdown

So in one month I will be having my surgery. I will at this time (it's 9am while typing) will be under for at least 45 minutes so far. That is if the surgery starts at 815am as scheduled. So I guess it is official, my mind and heart are pounding and as each day draws closer I am sure I will be a ball of emotions. But I do know for sure that I have God's arms around me, asking me not to be afraid.
I will try to listen. For now, one day at a time.
Enjoy your weekend and if I might, remind you to pray for a "long" small intestine please.
ML

3 comments:

  1. I will do that! I have to say, I've never prayed for a small intestine before, but there's always a first time for everything. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just over 6 weeks since my takedown. If I wasn't having the issues with the adrenal suppression I'd be okay to exercise. I got on an elliptical and lasted a whole 5 minutes about a week ago. Some of that has to do with being worn down from the surgery, some from being out of shape, and some from smoking socially. I'm not sure how much the pouch can hold really. I'm still adjusting, there's a small amount of leaking every so often (nothing a maxipad can't handle). I honestly haven't been eating much differently at all. I avoided things with seeds with the external pouch, that's about it. I have better days when I eat lots of carbs.. pasta, bread, potatoes.. But I eat salads, pickles, some spicy foods. I've stayed away from popcorn, nuts, raw and dried fruits and veggies mostly. I've eaten strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce so far and been fine. I think you'll be surprised at how good you feel AFTER the recovery process. You'll be pretty worn out for a while. I totally get the nerves though, wondering if this is the best thing for you. Plus you have your family on top of that. The only family stress I have is that my mom drives me crazy... haha. You'll be alright, any more questions are welcomed.

    ReplyDelete