Wednesday, October 28, 2009

whose mind

so I have been dwelling on the words "whose mind"

My mind. My mind has been driven by my emotions. I have been overcome with fears and all the evils that lurk. While you might say that "it's normal." I say "it might be."

But I don't want to be normal. I want to be secure. Secure in knowing that I will be taken care of and healed. I want to be secure that when I envision my surgery day I know that all will be right and just. That the day will be perfect. Doesn't that sound weird? Often you hear people describe wanting a day to be perfect as their wedding day. Well this surgery day is kinda like a wedding day because my small intestine will be reworked and reconnected to my body in a way that will need to be with me "till death do we part." So yes. I want to picture that day perfect.

I trust that it will be. Each day more and more. I know that God will bless me that day. That he will instruct the doctors and nurses to use their minds and hands to create in me a new and wonderful plumbing system.

So "whose mind" is finding peace, diving into the pool of God's peace. I am. I am trusting in Him and I will be swaddled in comfort that is peace. I will not be afraid.

Focusing on Isaiah 26:3

1 comment:

  1. Hi, sorry to take so long getting back to you. Things have been hectic. Will you e-mail me again so we can get started on some buttons for you? Thanks--"Template-mama" jacemj at live dot com

    ReplyDelete