Wednesday, July 29, 2009

cleaned out and checked out.

So I finally drank the stuff and well all I can say is poo poo. Yuck!

Today I went for my appointment and what should have been a 1/2 hour procedure with 1/2 hour recovery time turned into an almost 2 hour then 1/2 hour recovery. I woke up towards the end and asked them to put me back down....rather I begged! But they said they couldn't give me any more sedation. Damn it! is what I wanted to mutter. So I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

At the last colonoscopy they gave me real sleepy stuff this was more twilight. Difference, no anesthesiologist. The nurse pushed the twilight. I like the Dr type of push much better.

So this is what I learned. Dr. E took lots of biopsy's and cleaned all polyps out of my colon. He did go up into my small intestine a bit and said it looked great so I can not worry about that anymore. There are stories of people who were told they had UC and then ended up being Crohn's patients.

One particular polyp had to be "piece mealed" away. And by the pictures it sure looks like Dr. E did just that. Looks like....."OUCH!"

So what I remember him telling me is that "I did all I could. I got everything needed out. Hopefully we can save you from surgery." I craved more information but being loopy he knew I wouldn't understand much more. He told me he would see me in a week. Probably hear from him in 3 days. So now I wait. I do however have beautiful colon pictures to gaze at while I do just that.

Waiting and Praying for NO SURGERY!,
ML

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the dreaded colonoscopy! You've had at least one before I see. I hope all will be well there for ya. I realize you have a difficult disease and a colonoscopy isn't the last procedure you'll ever have.

    I'll keep you in prayer. My desire would be a complete healing and a clean bill of health, but I'm not God. But God can do awesome things.

    Take care,
    Nannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your procedure went well--yuck. You're in my prayers, and thank you for your wonderful comment. Hope all is well with YOU, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's over with! Hoping/praying surgery isn't needed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting and praying with you. Glad it's over!

    ReplyDelete