Monday, July 20, 2009

Making things happen

So I called this morning to get an appointment with Dr. W. The doctor on the list of two that Dr. H said that I should call for a "second" opinion colonoscopy. Well this Dr. W doesn't take my insurance so I went to the second Dr. on the list. Dr. E. Dr. E, I learned takes my insurance. Dr. H thought that Dr. W and I would have more face time but I will just have to have less face time so that my insurance will cover the time I do get.

So I make the appointment with Dr. E, it was set for July 31st. Hmmm, that's a long time to wait for just a consult prior to a second colonoscopy. But Dr. H told me that would happen and that as soon as I set the appointment I was to call his nurse. Then he would push it along.

SO I call Dr. H's nurse, Nurse Jackie. Tell her the appointment time and date. She says "we'll handle it."

I get a call later, about two hours later from Dr. E's office offering me a date of the 28th...I thought to myself...that's not much better than the 31st but instead I say, I cant take that date because my son is getting tubes in his ears that day. By that way that is a true comment, not just one to get an even better date. So then all of a sudden the 22nd at 230pm pops open. I say "sold."

So I have the appointment with Dr. E. I will meet him at 230pm on the 22nd.

Dr. H has already talked with him about me so it should be short. Just basically giving me my prep assignment and the day of my colonoscopy. I am assuming this to be the case so lets see what really happens.

Till then.....My colon is dysplasia and cancer free!!!!
ML

1 comment: