Monday, July 6, 2009

Dr. H a no show

So I drive all the way down to the Medical Center at a earlier appointment time than scheduled because the called to say they had a morning opening and after waiting and waiting in the little exam room I meet a fellow, will call this fellow Dr. M. She was very nice. I was very annoyed at first as I came to meet him. They told me he was called into surgery but than I found out he was gone all next week (which is now this week because I am writing this late). So hmmmm. I am thinking friday was not a surgery but that they didnt know how to tell me that the doctor decided to make a splash into his vacation. Well, the truth might have been good but I suppose it sounds bad to a patient that the "Dr. took the day off."

Dr. M, the fellow, did end up smoothing things over even though I dont think that was her plan. She was very nice and informative. Answered a lot of my questions and understood my concern. This kind fellow also reminded me that we need to get past bridge 1 before trying to get over bridge 10. Well if you know me I always look further than I should so getting over first bridge while not looking at how to get over the 10th will be hard for me.

So needless to say I didnt meet Dr. H but instead built a slight relationship with Dr. M the fellow. Which led this patient, less fired up than when I found out Dr. H wasnt going to see me, made an appointment to come back to meet him on the 13th of July. So I wait another week....honestly I am not in any hurry to have this surgery as I am so apprehensive even though I know it has to be done. Ugh.

Praying for peace of mind,
ML

3 comments:

  1. I know that had to be frustrating! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you probably handled that better than I would have. =) I answered your questions on my blog. Feel free to ask as many as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, seems like they should have told you that before you drove all the way down there, and inevitably paid to park too! How frustrating...but God has it all under control :) Sound familiar????

    ReplyDelete