Friday, July 17, 2009

Dr. H calls personally

UPDATED July 18,2009 (morning)

As mentioned I had called the nurse and she said he may call me over the weekend. Well he did call only to get my voicemail because I was putting the kids to bed for the night. I listened to the message and heard him say to call the online doctor and tell him that Dr. H needs to speak with me. His message also mentioned that if I didn't talk to him until Monday that would be fine as well. Well I was not going to wait until Monday. I picked up the phone and called the on call doctor and left a message. Then the wait began. I waited and waited and no call back. Finally I decided to go to bed at 10pm and the phone rang. Lance brought it to me saying it was Dr. H.

My heart sank into my stomach as I said hello. It then began to be lifted back up into place as he spoke. He told me that I need to contact one of the following two GI's for another complete work up. As the main pathology at Methodist in the loop felt there just wasn't enough information to perform a major surgery. That we needed more to go on. I gasped. He said I was a grey zone and that he doesn't operate on grey zone patients until more information is retrieved. Dr. H also said "I don't want to get your hopes up but there is a chance that you wont need surgery." He continue to say that their are polyps and dysplasia. In UC patients it can be tricky BUT that I could just have Polyps that need to be checked on once or twice a year. My heart was dancing as it was still on the words "chance that you wont need surgery."

On Monday I will call Dr. W (one of the two doctors that he recommend that I call) to schedule the work up. Tonight I start praying that my colon be healed that it show not signs of high dysplasia that the 1st GI thought he saw and biopsied. That there just be regular ole polyps in my colon. Do you have time to pray a little pray for me on this issue. I would be grateful.

Praying,
ML




So today Dr. H rang. But didn't leave a message. I couldn't get to the phone in time as I was busy trying to get my little ones into their rooms for naps. I called back like three minutes later and this is when I found out that he called personally. My thought....NOT good news.
They told me he was now in a room with a patient that he would call back. When I didn't hear back I figured that it wasn't a big deal but that I might try calling down to his office again.
I got a hold of his nurse and she said she wasn't sure what he was going to tell me but she did know that he did talk personally to the Dr. that is reviewing my pathology and cell slides. So, Hmmm. That left me thinking that either he was calling to tell me that I need to come in....but why would he call me just for an appointment. Unless it was the "come in" for a new colonoscopy call that he told me that I might have to have if this certain Dr. reviewing my cells and pathology report from my GI didn't agree on my diagnosis. So here it is Friday night and I am pondering what the call was about. Maybe it was just to touch base....doubt it. But the nurse kindly said she would tell him that I called and mentioned that he may call me over the weekend.

I am pretty sure that I wont hear anything till Monday but till then enjoy your weekend and stay tuned.

Bracing myself,
ML

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! I am trying not to get my hopes up for you!!! Let it be Lord...NO SURGERY! We have been praying for that at the Sanders house...so we will keep on!!!

    ReplyDelete