Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mind over matter.

All day I have been walking around chanting "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free."
Chant it with me folks...."ML's colon is dysplasia and cancer free!"

Wouldn't it be amazing if it was and I didn't have to have this surgery. At least at this stage of the game. I mean I KNOW one day my colitis will come back, one day I might get colon cancer because of this disease but wouldn't it be nice if I was spared. If I was spared at this particular stage in my life. I just really have so much I want to do right now. I feel great and to take a year of my life feeling ill just feels like I am being cheated. That my family would be cheated. Can you hear a little anger in my words. I am a bit but I am more excited at the chance of hoping I might be spared.

So I am chanting, I am visualizing, I am praying that I be spared.

"My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"

ML

3 comments:

  1. "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"
    "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"
    "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"
    "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"
    "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"
    "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"
    "My Colon is dysplasia and Cancer free!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ML, Megan from J-Pouch Life pointed me in your direction. Seems that you and I are kind of in the same boat. See my post on their site, it's under "Harry". My GI doc has recommended me for surgery, not because I suffer from UC, but because of my entire intestine is pretty much pseudo-polyps, and he is afraid that if cancer forms, he won't able to find it. I am coming up on 10 years of having UC, am 35 years old, and have a gorgeous 3 1/2 year old daughter and a handsome 4 month old son. I currently live in Adelaide, South Australia (I am American btw).

    He has already referred me to a surgeon, and I have had a talk to him. I was recently in the hospital due to bleeding that my GI doc couldn't find the source. I did a pill cam a few weeks ago to check to make sure my small intestine is all good, but still waiting on the results from that. But both my doc and I are 99% sure that he won't find anything from that. My bleeding that he couldn't find the source of had me needing 9 units of blood over about a 5 day period.

    I can count on one hand the number of flare ups I have had in my almost 10 years of having UC.I know it's a big surgery, but I can't stop thinking about if I have it, I don't have to worry about cancer, as I want to be around for a long time for my two little ones. But if I don't it's almost like playing Russian Roulette.

    It's nice to hear that someone is facing the same circumstance as me. Unlike you though, I have already been told that all I need to do is give my surgeon 4 weeks notice. My GI doc has referred me to pretty much the top surgeon where I live, so I am not worried about all the things associated with that part.

    Anyway, for the full scoop, like I mentioned I posted to J-Pouch Life. Looking forward to hearing how your journey goes, and also it's nice to hear about someone else going through the same thing.

    "Harry"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't have to come back girl! We serve a BIG GOD who still does miracles for his kiddos! Keep the positive thoughts going, and start believing that you can live this way for the rest of your life :) I''m praying for you!!!! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete